- 05 April, 2016
Benefits of Keeping A Clean Home
Some people may wonder what the actual tangible benefits of being a clean person may be. And we get it. It can be tempting to have the mindset of “what’s the point? It’s just going to get dirty again anyway. Seems like a waste of time to me.” Well, we’re here to tell you that there actually are many benefits of keeping a clean home. Here are a few of them.
Have Healthier Home
- When your house is clean, your home is healthy. The main reason for keeping a clean home should be your family’s health. Dirt and bacteria collect quickly on many surfaces and floors and you should want to defeat those pesky germs. Also, dusting on a frequent basis can decrease the possibility for allergies.
Better Social Life
- I don’t know about you, but when my house is clean, I want people to see it. I love having people over to compliment my tidy and well-decorated home. Keeping a clean house allows you to have a better social life because you’re more willing to invite people over for parties, dinners, game nights and more!
- It has been scientifically proven that there is a strong correlation between clutter and stress. If you find that you have stress and you don’t know the cause of it, try cleaning up a little. We aren’t saying that you’ll be 100% stress-free, but eliminating clutter will definitely eliminate some unnecessary stress.
You’ll Be Able to Find Things Easier
- There is nothing more annoying than not being able to find something when you need it. When your home is clean, you will be able to find things with ease. Make sure that everything has a place and you will surely decrease the amount of time that you spend looking for items. (Which, referring back to number 3, will probably reduce stress as well! Double Whammy!)
You Won’t Be Caught Off Guard When People Stop By
- There is nothing worse than having unexpected guests when your home is messy. I can remember countless times that upon receiving a “Hey! I’m in the neighborhood! I’m gonna stop by” text has sent me into a pseudo-cleaning frenzy of throwing any and everything into a closet to prevent feeling ashamed or embarrassed of my messy house. It took me years to realize that keeping my house clean would eliminate these horrible instances.
Minimize Inter-household Conflict
- One of the main causes for inter-household conflict is cleaning. Whether it be siblings or roommates, no one ever wants to do the dishes. Guess what? No one is ever too old for a chore chart. Assigning household duties to members of the household will definitely decrease the time you spend arguing with each other or leaving passive-aggressive post-its.
If you personally don’t have time to always make sure that you have a clean home, don’t worry. Mycleaninglady.com has the best quality housekeeping referrals for you. For more information call us at 909-593-6690.
- 21 March, 2016
- 07 March, 2016