- 05 April, 2016
6 Easy Ways to Become a Cleaner Person
We are three months into the New Year and my guess is that you’re barely hanging on to those New Year’s Resolutions, if you’re even hanging on at all. The good news is that it doesn’t have to be January 1st for you to make a positive lifestyle change. That can happen at any time at all. That should happen at any time at all. April is around the corner and there is no need for you to wait for Spring Cleaning to make yourself a cleaner person. I know, I know…easier said than done. Well, I’m here to help. Here are six easy ways to become a cleaner person. Emphasis on EASY. So no excuses.
Get Rid of Stuff
- This one should be a no-brainer. One of the biggest reasons that messy people are messy is often because they have too much stuff and don’t have anywhere to put it. Time to downsize! If you haven’t touched or thought about an item in the last three years…get rid of it! Have a garage sale, make a trip to The Salvation Army, or call your adult children and tell them to come get their stuff. It’s time for you to turn over a new leaf. A clean leaf.
Make Cleaning Fun
- Whistle while you work! This may be an old trick, but it never fails. Play your favorite song while you clean so that you can dance along while you do it. My favorite thing to do is to listen to my “CLEAN UP TIME” playlist in my earphones while vacuuming. PS: Vacuums and microphones are virtually the same thing.
Buy Cleaning Products that Smell Good
- There’s nothing like a house that smells like fresh linen or fresh lemons. Whatever the scent may be, there is sure to be a cleaning product that smells like it. Buy it! Use it! Enjoy!
Find a Place for Everything
- Referring back to suggestion number 1, if you don’t have a place for it, then get rid of it. Having a place for everything comes in handy especially when you have a shared living space. If everything has a place, there won’t be any reason for someone to leave it out! Take a few hours to organize your things. You’ll feel so much better after you do.
Make a List of Small Daily Cleaning Goals
- If you clean a little bit every day, then your home will always presentable. Make a day for dusting and a different day for vacuuming. This way, you’re really only cleaning for about fifteen minutes a day! That’s not so bad, is it?
Schedule a Big Cleaning Day
- Now this one can go two ways. Once a month, you can clear a full day and prepare to clean your house from top to bottom or you can pick a day each month for you to have hired help to do the big clean. Either way, deep cleaning your home once a month will keep your house sparkling.
Even though there are so many reasons for you to become a cleaner person, you shouldn’t be the one cleaning all of the time. At MyCleaningLady.com we have quality housekeepers that are committed to cleaning your home the way you like it cleaned. To find a referral that fits your needs, visit our website or give us a call at 909-593-6690 for a free estimate. We can’t wait to clean your home.
- 21 March, 2016
- 07 March, 2016