- 05 April, 2016
- 09 March, 2015
How to Tidy Up Your Home in Ten Minutes
You get that phone call “Hey, I’m in your neighborhood and…” you already start to panic. Your house is a mess and your close friend that you haven’t seen in a while wants to stop by. She’s a notorious clean freak and would totally judge you if your house was a mess. We understand you live a busy life. There isn’t always time to clean your house from top to bottom every day just in case a situation like this arises. It can be the worst when friends stop by unannounced and your house is a disaster. Well, fear not…doing a few simple things can make the biggest difference when it comes to tidying up your home.
Pick up the Big Things
- Go around the house with a trash bag and a storage bag. Now pick up around the house! Quickly put trash into the trash bag and throw things that are out of place into the storage bag to be put away later. Once you have filled up both of these bags, throw the trash bag away and put the storage bag in a closet nearby. (Don’t forget where you put the storage bag!) After your guests leave, you can go into your storage bag and put everything where it needs to go. Removing the clutter from an area can go a long way in terms of tidiness. The difference between a messy living room and a tidy one can be as simple as putting away the laundry that is sitting on the couch.
Freshen Things Up
- Smell has a lot to do with how people perceive cleanliness. Take out your trash if it hasn’t been recently taken out. Make sure that there aren’t any weird smells coming from your garbage disposal and make the pet go outside for a while. Spray a light air freshener to make your house smell like clean linen or garden flowers. (Those are our favorite scents.) A good smell can go a long way.
Clean the Area Being Used
- If you are really pressed for time, consider which areas are going to be used the most by your guests. If they are not going to be upstairs, don’t stress about cleaning upstairs. Remember: It’s your house so you have control of who goes where. Pick the cleanest area of your house, tidy it up a bit, and keep your guests there!
Do the Dishes
- Doing the dishes makes a big difference when it comes to making your kitchen look clean. Even if you only have time to throw the dishes in the dishwasher and turn it on, that’s better than a sink full of pasta dishes from dinner last night. Don’t forget to wipe down the counters and stove quickly to make your kitchen sparkle. (Note: Put out some cookies and wine and no one will notice how untidy your kitchen or any other room is.)
Grab a Lint Roller
- This one comes especially in handy for those that have pets. As previously stated, if you have a pet that is good with being outside for a little while…put them outside for a little while. Then grab the lint roller and go to town on your couch and any other area that your pet frequents. If you have a particularly hairy animal that tends to shed, try to see if you have the time to grab the vacuum to vacuum up the major problem areas.
Get Some Help
- The more the merrier. If there are kids or a spouse in the house, ask them if they have five minutes to spare. The more hands, the more help! Divvy up the tasks and be sure to thank them for their help!
There are only so many hours in the day and we don’t always have time to make sure our house is 100% spotless 100% of the time. We’re only human. If you feel pressed for time, these few tips should help you feel tidy in ten minutes or less! After your guest leaves then you can worry about how to really clean your home. And when it comes to really cleaning your home. You should really leave that to the professionals. Visit Mycleaninglady.com for amazing professional housekeeping referrals.
- 21 March, 2016
- 07 March, 2016