- 05 April, 2016
- 02 April, 2013
- Bathroom Cleaning, Dusting, Economical House Cleaning, House Cleaning, Kitchen Cleaning Tips
How to Clean Your Home in 15 Minutes
CNN recently ran a story offering tips for cleaning a house, top-to-bottom, in 19 minutes. We’d like to do better by providing you instructions for cleaning your entire home in 15 minutes flat. Admittedly, these tips won’t provide you with a deep down clean. And if your home is larger than one bedroom/one bath, you’ll have to allow extra time. But if you follow these steps, your home will pass a cursory inspection, which is great if your mother-in-law decides to drop in unexpectedly. Are you ready? Here we go:
Kitchen (5 minutes)
No matter what the rest of the house looks like, if your kitchen is clean, everything will appear to be in order almost as if by magic. Besides… a sparkling sink will keep germs at bay and will help you stay motivated to move on to other areas.
- Start with your sink. Empty dishes and silverware and either load them into your dishwasher or quickly wash by hand. (2 minutes)
- Wipe down the sink with a damp sponge. (30 seconds)
- Wipe your stove top. (30 seconds)
- Spray counters with antibacterial cleanser and use a sponge to wipe clean. (1 minute)
- Sweep the floor. (1 minute)
Living Room (2 minutes)
- Remove clutter. (1 minute)
- Fluff the pillows on the sofa. (15 seconds)
- Dust surfaces with a feather duster or disposable dusting cloth. (30 seconds)
- Fluff cushions and fold throws. (15 seconds)
Bathroom (3 minutes)
Clean the basin with a wet sponge and bathroom/soap scum cleanser. But don’t stop there. Get the most out of your pre-moistened wipe by using it to clean around the edges of the tub and then the toilet before tossing it.
- Wipe out the sink (30 seconds).
- Wipe the toilet seat and rim (30 seconds).
- Clean the toilet bowl with a disposable brush (30 seconds).
- Wipe the mirror and faucet (30 seconds).
- Use a squeegee to wipe down the shower door (1 minute).
Bedroom (5 minutes)
- Make your bed. Nothing impacts the look of a bedroom more than a made or unmade bed. (2 minutes)
- Fold or hang clothing and put away jewelry. (2 minutes)
- Straighten the top of end tables. (30 seconds).
- Use a feather duster to clear dust from surfaces. (30 seconds)
If you’re looking for more than a cursory clean; give My Cleaning Lady Referral Agency a call. The house cleaners we refer offer complete home cleaning services including thorough dusting at reasonable prices.
My Cleaning Lady Referral Agency proudly serves Arcadia, Chino, Chino Hills, Duarte, Ontario, Pomona, LaVerne, Covina, Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana, Montclair, Claremont, Phillips Ranch, Upland, West Covina, Glendora, San Dimas, and Sierra Madre. Visit http://www.mycleaninglady.com/ or call (909) 593-6690 for information or to arrange a free estimate.
- 21 March, 2016
- 07 March, 2016