- 05 April, 2016
Black Friday Top 10 Shopping Tips
After you’ve finished eating your turkey and pie, it will be time to focus on the holiday shopping season, which officially begins on Friday, November 23. In America, Black Friday is a great day for bargain hunters…but only if you know the secrets to successful shopping. Here are 10 ideas that will help you navigate the busiest shopping day of the year.
- Plan Early. Since most Black Friday ads come out Thanksgiving Day, you could wait around to read circulars. But why wait? For a sneak peek, head to online sites like Black-Friday.net. Sites like GottaDeal.com offers a free shopping list feature which allows you to create a virtual list complete with hyperlinks to product information and coupons. While you’re checking out the Black Friday websites, take a few extra minutes to sign up for e-updates which will notify you of new specials.
- Set a Budget and stick to it! Avoid using credit cards, which make purchasing easy but could haunt you in the New Year.
- Compare Prices. Remember to check prices. Just because an item is on sale doesn’t mean it’s a great deal. Use a price comparison website like pricegrabber.com to compare prices at competing retailers before you buy.
- Check for Price Matching and Rebate Programs. Some stores will competitors’ prices for like items. Other retailers will allow you to prepay in advance of sales, then return to pick up the items on Black Friday. Check with individual stores ahead of time to inquire about policies.
- Consider Layaway. If you have more items on your list than cash in your pocket, consider purchasing items on layaway. Some retail giants, such as Sears and Wal-Mart offer the option at a minimal cost or even for free.
- Search for Hot Deals. Focus your energy on shopping for the bargains, like early bird specials, door busters or free gift cards with purchase. Use them to do the rest of your Christmas shopping another less hectic day.
- Shop Online. Want to avoid the crowds? Then, shop online. Many stores offer the same Black Friday specials available in store on their website. What’s more, some even offer free shipping. Black Friday sales frequently kick off online at midnight on Thanksgiving, while most in-store sales start at 5 a.m. the next day, although certain big box stores are actually opening this year on Thursday night at 8.
- Search for e-coupons. Before you head to the stores, be sure to check online for printable coupons to take to the store. Some retailers add coupons to their website as late as Thanksgiving Day. So it’s worthwhile to quickly check before heading out the door.
- Evaluate Each and Every Purchase. Getting swept up in the excitement of Black Friday can often lead to impulse buys and overspending. Let that bargain shopping buzz wear off; then, return any items that you regret buying.
- Skip the Whole Mess by purchasing housecleaning gift certificates from My Cleaning Lady Referral Agency. If you book a five-hour housecleaning service through our referral agency by Monday, November 26, 2012, we will throw in a FREE one-hour housecleaning gift certificate for one of your friends or family members. Use the gift cards to prepare for a holiday party or to ready the house for guests. It’s a holiday win-win. Call today for details: 909-593-6690.
My Cleaning Lady is a domestic referral agency. The house cleaners we refer offer complete home cleaning services including thorough dusting at reasonable prices. My Cleaning Lady Referral Agency proudly serves Arcadia, Chino, Chino Hills, Duarte, Ontario, Pomona, LaVerne, Covina, Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana, Montclair, Claremont, Phillips Ranch, Upland, West Covina, Glendora, San Dimas, and Sierra Madre. Visit http://www.mycleaninglady.com/or call (909) 593-6690 for information or to arrange a free estimate.
- 21 March, 2016
- 07 March, 2016