- 05 April, 2016
- 17 July, 2012
- Bathroom Cleaning, Cleaning floors, Dusting, Economical House Cleaning, Holiday Cleanup, Kitchen Cleaning Tips, Uncategorized
Summer Visitor Housecleaning Checklist
Summer has officially arrived. And, with it, you likely have lots of friends and family who will want to spend time with you at your home. And try as we may to avoid extra chores before welcoming houseguests, the reality is that most people clean their homes before company arrives.
To help you prepare for the onslaught of summer activity, the professionals at My Cleaning Lady have provided a helpful checklist so you and your family can use your time to clean to its fullest advantage.
Bathrooms. Devote the lion’s share of your allotted cleaning time to sprucing up bathrooms.
- Scrub the sink, counter and faucet and give it a quick rinse.
- Use a miracle eraser sponge to clean out the tub and shower.
- Clean the mirrors.
- Take out the trash.
- Sweep and mop.
- Place Extra Toilet Paper Where It Can Be Reached. There is nothing as irritating as an empty toilet paper holder when you’re using the facilities at someone else’s house. Place an extra roll or two on the floor next to the toilet. You might consider it an eyesore. But your guests will thank you for it.
Kitchen. Focus on the place everyone will likely gather…the kitchen. No matter where you try to herd your guests, they will probably assemble in your kitchen…even if the space is small and cramped.
- Clean the sink and countertop.
- Wipe appliances.
- Scrub stovetop and oven door.
- Clear clutter in your fridge to make room for extra food to feed your guests.
- Run the dishwasher and put away clean dishes.
- Stow hand-washed dishes.
- Clean windows. Here is a quick video tutorial which makes the job easy.
- Sweep and mop. A cursory job will do. After all, folks will be trampling across your floors. So no need to thoroughly mop until after everyone leaves.
- Make sure you have plenty of ice on hand. If your refrigerator has an icemaker, you might consider dumping it into a container to make more. Or, if you don’t want to bother, you could buy a bag or two to make sure you have plenty on hand.
Living Room & Family Room. Your guests will likely spend a lot of time in your living and family room. So make sure you spend a little time in these common areas.
- Unless you’re the rare breed who cleans between your sofa cushions every day, you will probably find a dime or barrette or dog toy inside your couch. We don’t know who puts small items under the cushions. We just know they are always there. So do a little investigative work to make sure your guests aren’t the ones who discover hidden treasure in your sofa.
- Wipe electronics.
- Clear clutter.
Bedrooms. When it’s time to turn in, your guests will head to their bedroom or hide-a-bed. Do your best to make them feel at home.
- Change the sheets and make the beds.
- Clean up cobwebs and wipe down windowsills while you’re at it.
- Do enough loads of laundry so the dirty clothes in hampers won’t resemble the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
Outside. If you plan on barbecuing, make sure spiders haven’t taken over.
- Clean the grill.
- Wash or wipe down cushions.
- Hose down the deck or patio.
- Toss out and replace melted citronella candles.
- Wipe the table.
After your guests leave, you may want to leave the chore of cleaning up to professionals. If you could use a little help, call the professionals at My Cleaning Lady , a domestic referral agency. The house cleaners we refer offer complete home cleaning services including thorough dusting at reasonable prices. My Cleaning Lady Referral Agency proudly serves Arcadia, Chino, Chino Hills, Duarte, Ontario, Pomona, LaVerne, Covina, Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana, Montclair, Claremont, Phillips Ranch, Upland, West Covina, Glendora, San Dimas, and Sierra Madre. Visit http://www.mycleaninglady.com/or call (909) 593-6690 for information or to arrange a free estimate.
- 21 March, 2016
- 07 March, 2016