- 05 April, 2016
How to Stop Dirt in Your Tracks
The best time of year to clean the tracks for sliding doors, shower doors or windows is in the warm summer months. When the sun is shining, you will be able to take doors, windows and screens outside to clean them and, while they are drying, you can get to work on the tracks so they are sparkling and free of debris.
Here is a step-by-step process for tackling tricky tracks:
- Mix 1/3 cup rubbing alcohol with1 cup water.
- Use a funnel to pour it into a spray bottle.
- Shake until the solution is thoroughly mixed.
- Apply liquid cleanser liberally to tracks and allow the solution to soak.
- Use a chamois or microfiber cloth to wipe up water that has collected inside the track.
- If soap scum or residue remain, pour an inexpensive, green cleaning miracle—vinegar— in the tracks.
- Soak for a few minutes.
- Clean difficult-to-reach spots with an old toothbrush, Q-tips or shower track brush
- Rinse with water.
- Other easy-to-come by soap-scum removing options include:
- Denture cleaning tablets (dissolved in warm water)
- Bleach mixed with water
- While cleaning tracks, make sure the drain is not clogged. The water should flow quickly. If the drain is clogged, clean it with commercial drain products and reach drain spots with alcohol applied to cotton swabs.
- If you opt to use commercial grade solutions which could chemically react with metal tracks, make sure you do a test to ensure the finish won’t suffer damage.
- Once you have finished cleaning, you can use a handheld steam cleaner to dry the track to prevent water spots.
If your commitment to clean goes beyond a deep desire to clean out the tracks in your home, call the professionals at My Cleaning Lady, a domestic referral agency. The house cleaners we refer offer complete home cleaning services including thorough dusting at reasonable prices. My Cleaning Lady Referral Agency proudly serves Arcadia, Chino, Chino Hills, Duarte, Ontario, Pomona, LaVerne, Covina, Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana, Montclair, Claremont, Phillips Ranch, Upland, West Covina, Glendora, San Dimas, and Sierra Madre. Visit http://www.mycleaninglady.com/or call (909) 593-6690 for information or to arrange a free estimate.
- 21 March, 2016
- 07 March, 2016