- 05 April, 2016
Post-Holiday Cleaning List
How to Clean Up After the Party is Over
The rush of the holiday season and New Year’s celebrations can wreak havoc on hearth and home. So it’s important that you clean your house so you can focus on getting back to a normal work and personal life. We’d like to share some expert tips on cleaning up after the holidays to help you start 2012 with a pristine house and neatly organized life.
Deep clean the kitchen:
- Remove stray crumbs from Christmas cookies. Vacuum inside cabinets and behind the refrigerator to clean up every last scrap of food.
- Scrub greasy stains from frying Hanukkah latkes. Use a vinegar solution to wipe your stovetop and backsplash to clean grease without streaks.
- Wipe candy cane fingerprints from cabinets. Dishwashing detergent is very useful for cleaning cabinets since it cuts through grease.
Christmas tree cleanup:
- Perform a thorough vacuuming to grab all of those pesky pine needles and flocking.
- Dispose of your tree or replant live varieties in your backyard.
- Wipe the floor to remove scuff marks from the tree stand.
- Dust the ornaments before placing them back in storage.
Additional cleaning tips:
- Carefully wash and store special plates or glassware used for houseguests. Use a mild detergent and rinse in a water and vinegar solution to remove streaks instead of loading into a dishwasher.
- Go through your refrigerator to spot spills and moldy food. Take the time to remove every item from your refrigerator and clean behind baskets and trays.
Post New Year’s party cleaning:
- Attack stains immediately. Red wine on your new carpet can be a disaster if not handled quickly. Remember to blot instead of rubbing!
- Open the windows to remove lingering odors like celebratory cigar smells.
- Wipe countertops and surfaces with antibacterial solution.
Tackle guest bedrooms:
- Strip the beds and wash all of the linens on a hot cycle.
- Vacuum closets and under beds to prepare for the next round of guests.
- Clean the windows using a vinegar solution so future guests can enjoy crystal clear views.
Is “keeping a cleaner house” one of your resolutions for 2012? That’s one that will be easy to keep if you rely on the services of trained professionals. Give My Cleaning Lady a call to setup regular appointments so every room in your home can shine all year round.
My Cleaning Lady offers complete home cleaning services including thorough dusting at reasonable prices. Currently offered cleaning specials include one hour free of cleaning with the purchase of five hours of one-time service, and a 15 percent discount off one-year prepayment of recurring housecleaning service. My Cleaning Lady is a domestic referral agency. The house cleaners we refer offer complete home cleaning services including thorough dusting at reasonable prices. My Cleaning Lady Referral Agency proudly serves Arcadia, Chino, Chino Hills, Duarte, Ontario, Pomona, LaVerne, Covina, Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana, Montclair, Claremont, Phillips Ranch, Upland, West Covina, Glendora, San Dimas, and Sierra Madre. Visit http://www.mycleaninglady.com/or call (909) 593-6690 for information or to arrange a free estimate.
- 21 March, 2016
- 07 March, 2016